Monday, December 11, 2006

Now we're bloggin' !

Yeah man. We're a hip bunch. We now have our own blog.

Check here for periodic postings and family updates.

For a starting point, here is the "nutshell"...


  • Julie and I were married in March, 2005
  • Julie brought her 3 boys-Sidney, Bryce and Tyler-to the family
  • I brought my son Rhys to the family
    (If your math skills are strong, you realize that makes 6 people in the family)
  • We bought a house in Clermont, Florida (where I had been living for about 8 years)
  • Julie finished her nursing degree a few months before we were married
  • Julie's first job as a nurse was at Orlando Regional Medical Center
  • She transferred to South Lake Hospital in Clermont early 2006 which is much closer to our home
  • I have been working for Northland, A Church Distributed for three years. Currently, I work from home and do all of our weekly website updates and help with other communication efforts
  • I have gone back to college to finish a bachelor's degree. I am enrolled at the University of Central Florida in the Sports and Fitness program. Ultimately, I would like to teach technology education and coach football (high school).
  • This past season, I was the head coach of a local Pop Warner team. Our two oldest boys, Sidney and Bryce played for the team (Clermont Knights).
  • I was just hired into my first high school coaching position. I will be coaching offensive line at East Ridge High School here in Clermont in the fall of 2007. This counts toward my practicum experience for my degree which I will finish in the spring of 2008.
  • Tyler is in 5th grade and doing extremely well in all subjects. He and Rhys have become great buddies and brothers.
  • Sidney is in 7th grade and also doing very well. He is also in band this year and is playing my old tenor saxophone. He played center for our football team.
  • Bryce is also in 7th grade (he and Sidney are fraternal twins) and also playing in the band. Bryce plays my soprano sax. He is also doing very well in his classes. Bryce was our right tackle on our football team.
  • Rhys is in 4th grade and also doing well. Rhys plays soccer in the fall and spring.
  • The kids have blended very well and have become incredibly responsible young men. Not only are they doing well in school, but they continue to take care of their rooms and even do their own laundry. We're very proud of them.

No comments: